Oops. Apparently it’s been a week since I posted last? I didn’t mean to do that.
The weather has cooled off considerably, down to something that feels a little more like spring, and I have been wearing my new sweater constantly. I think I wore it to school at least three days this week – the yarn is warm and cuddly-soft but doesn’t seem to be pilling that aggressively at all, which is very nearly miraculous.
Unfortunately, I’ve been putting off buying a timer for my camera, so I can offer are poorly-lit shots taken in front of my bathroom mirror.
And, of course, the obligatory well-lit floor shot.
I love the way this fits me. This was my first experience knitting a pieced sweater, and my first experience with set-in sleeves, and the combination definitely works much better than I expected. The sleeves stay on my shoulders, which slope and tend to make yoked necklines slide right off.
The pattern is Sesame, and the yarn is Tanis Fiber ArtsGreen Label, which stood up marvelously to being knit and frogged and then worn around. It’s absolutely worth the extra money, in my opinion. I knit the pattern almost exactly as written, and it turned out pretty much marvelously. (Although, oh my god I did not anticipate how many ends would be involved in “knitting stripes in pieces.” I think I spent like twelve hours sewing them all in.)
In conclusion, this sweater is the best sweater in the whole wide world, and I’m pretty excited that I made it.
This weekend is shaping up to be very disorienting. The weather here has been gorgeous – as in, perfect-midsummer-temperatures-gorgeous, and I want nothing more than to fish my sundresses out of the back of my closet and run around outside. (Well, not really – I want to sit on a patio outside drinking beer, but close enough.) Unfortunately, what I actually have to be doing is learning this.
With the help of a lot of this.
Oh, right. And I may or may not have finished something sweater-shaped that totally fits and is awesome. Maybe, if the weather ever cools off again, I’ll get a chance to wear it around, and take some better photos.
I’ve been busy lately, as I’m sure you all can tell by the relatively sparse posting, but things are slowly getting done as I chip away at my ongoing projects.
My roving is now entirely singles, and I’m so proud of them it is a little embarrassing.
The sweater is progressing, as well, and I don’t want to speak too soon, but I think this iteration is turning out a little better than the last one. I sat down and blocked all of the pieces after I’d finished the first sleeve, because I’d been fretting that this sweater would bloom on blocking just as unexpectedly as the last one did. But after sewing everything together, I’m much more confident that this one will fit the way I’d like it to. Making it has been a pretty cool learning experience for me.