Happy 2011 everyone! I hope all of your holidays were filled with delicious food and fabulous people and a little bit of relaxing. I had a whirlwind two weeks, visiting family and friends, and getting my life in order after a pretty intense semester of school. But I’m settled at home, and my apartment is clean, and I’m taking the time to cook things that I can take for lunch in the coming week, which makes me feel much more ready to sit down and start thinking about the year ahead.
Being a knitter who loves the internet, I come across amazing projects every day that I’d love to make, and I find myself having trouble keeping track of all the coolest ones. So, inspired by the list of the same name at make something, my list of crafty things I want to do someday soon.
These aren’t really resolutions, because the idea of finishing all of these in 2011 is just ridiculous – I’m thinking of them more like crafty pipe dreams.
· Sew an a-line skirt that fits me well.
Sew a double-bed-sized quilt top (Done, January 2012)
· Hand quilt a double-bed-sized quilt.
· Design a sweater
· Sew a reusable bag big enough for groceries.
· Sew/quilt a mat for the cat to sleep on in her cubby.
· Embroider something in a hoop to hang on the wall.
Learn to crochet
Crochet a granny square blanket. (Done, June 2011)
· Knit at least two sweaters that are classy enough to wear to work. (Sweater One done, December 2011)
· Knit a blanket big enough to curl up with on the couch.
· Spin enough consistent, well-spun yarn to make a sweater.
· Knit a sweater out of my handspun.
Finish a pair of fairisle mittens for myself. (Done, Feb 2011)
Plus, most of the things in my Ravelry queue.